Sunday, 7 October 2012

Tartan meets Rainbowholic


Welcome to the Stay super Kawaii Interview,today I introduce to you Rainbowholic,this adorable young lady of sweetness,charm and of course full of Kawaii is Miss Kaila!!!

all images belong to rainbowholic

A girl who loves  and adores Rainbows and bright colour Kawaii things.
I came across Kaila Chan and her Blog on Facebook I read about her and her story,dreams and hopes.

I felt a part of me related to her and her dreams of Japan
(As I also would love to visit Japan from a young age).
She is an inspiration of mine and I  thinks she is SUPER KAWAII!

*^V^*

And she is achieving so much,She is creating a Kawaii movement with her projects, Blog, DIY-Kawaii and with the help of her fans Who lover her dearly.

Tartan Kawaii  Meets Kawaii Ambassador Kaila  

Just saying could you imagen the crazy kawaii-ness we would get up to if we were to meet up in person  LOL!
@__@

all images belong to rainbowholic


Hi there Kaila chan I'm very excited to have you be in my Blog interview,
I am a bit of a fan of yours and your blog!
so I am feeling a bit star stuck
*@__@*



Can you tell us when you started to reach your dreams and why?

I started to make a move when I finally took Japanese language lessons every Saturday during my sophomore year in college. I was just starting with my major subjects back then so it was really stressful for me but thankfully, I still managed to learn the basics of Nihongo. My older brother who has been living in Japan for almost 8 or 9 years would be biggest influencer in making me so decided that I should pursue my "Japanese dream". My family and I all witnessed how my brother established himself in a country so foreign and so out-of-reach for a struggling family like us.

 He really inspired me a lot that is why even though I had to finish four years of university first (got my first Japanse visa rejected along the way), I really went 1000% in reaching this dream. I tried applying for scholarships, etc. but I failed all of those huhuhu.
We both come from a big family that had a lot of drama (my dad was fired from his job, my mom had illness, one of my brothers got severely depressed) and I learned and matured a lot from that.. and I guess you can tell that my darkest days as a child / teenage really shaped me to be this optimistic / "gambatteru hito" (always doing her best) person.
 I'm a tough girl!

^__^
(We are glad you are a tough girl with a kawaii heart  it makes you,well you <3 )

What inspired you to make a Blog to share your adventures?

Actually, I started Rainbowholic around a year or so before I went to Japan. I used to own another personal website (which I started when I was 14? 15?) then moved to Rainbowholic afterwards. When I was in college, I tried my best updating it regularly but my course (Advertising Management) really took all of my time.... so I thought I should just wait for the day when I could finally see Japan in my own eyes. After that, I had a lot of good experiences and funny discoveries here in the land of the rising sun and I couldn't stop sharing about those! I got a lot of positive feedback and those really encouraged me to bring Japan closer to my readers and make them feel that they are also with me with my photo-heavy posts.

What do you love the most about living in Japan and how would you describe it?

There are so many good things about living in Japan but what I love most about Japan would be-- safety.
If ever you accidentally leave your bag/wallet in a train or somewhere else,Japanese people in general would not even bother to take it home.. instead, they would return it to the train staff. Also, walking alone in the middle of the night is not a scary thing to do... if it were another place, you can encounter robbers, snatchers or even rapists..? "
@_@

What would you recommend to any one to go see if they went to Japan?

Of course, I would recommend them to visit HARAJUKU!! It's the most interesting place in Tokyo because you can experience traditional Japan by visiting the Meiji shrine and witness the latest fashion trends in Takeshita Dori.

(*Takes notes*)


What the most Fun DIY-Kawaii thing you have made and what was the most challenging ?

The most fun DIY-Kawaii / Kawaii DIY would be the Rainbowholic Kuruma-chan (Kuruma=car)!
It's craaaazy!

image belongs to Rainbowholic

(Here is a photo! I love this Car @_@)

I love your Kawaii wheels that you used as a project can you tell us more about it?


About the kawaii wheels / Rainbowholic Kuruma-chan, it's actually a big group effort between my brother + our friends and me.
Since I've been doing an all-out promotion for Rainbowholic, we figured we should do something people have not witnessed before.
My brother and his wife even went back to Philippines to purchase the cheaper reflector stickers / decals because having our own design / itasha made would cost us 500% more or something like that. For less than a week, we worked on the car every single night until sunrise (since it was so HOT during summer afternoons)… and after we finished it, we had a Rainbowholic Ruckus parade in Harajuku~!

Link: See HERE!

I heard your hoping to adopt a puppy has that progressed any further?

Actually, I was very disappointed because the small dog that I wanted wasn't available any more when I applied. :"( I'd still consider adopting a puppy in the future but it would still require monetary means and currently.. I'm broke (spent it on a Hongkong trip >_<). But yeah, I still dream of owning a chocolate toy poodle!!

(KAWAII!!!!!)

Aww I hope you get your Dream puppy soon!
What's the sweetest thing a Fan has done for you and the oddest?


All of my readers are sweet but the sweetest thing that one did would be sending me a package full of letters how I had inspired her + handmade goodies and souvenirs from places she went.
 It was very touching that I weeped! Haha~

As for the oddest, I don't think I have received any odd gift yet.. :P

(Aww how sweet ^__^)

Who would you say your fashion inspiration comes from?

My fashion inspiration comes from many Japanese-related influences
(such as the kawaii character + oldskool anime culture).. also, whenever I browse through Japanese magazines such as Kera or Popteen, I also get inspiration from those.
 My fashion style is very moody so for me, it's a bit hard to tell where I really get inspired from.

What up coming projects can you share with us?

The new Rainbowholic website that I've been preparing for a month! Watch out for that since I'll be doing the coding on my own :D

(Is excited to see this,Maybe you could revamp my Blog..hehe)


Is there any other places in the world you would like to visit?

I would love to visit Paris, Seoul, Bangkok… and the list goes on! I plan to travel around the world someday =)

What your animes and mangas at the moment?

I started ONE PIECE a few months ago but I had to pause it for a while because.. it's bad for productivity hahaha.
 I used to read manga's but now, I love watching Korean dramas and movie's more (yep!).

What fashion trends do you predict that may reach over my way?(UK USA EURO)

I think that tattoo tights would be the next big trend there (haven't seen many Western look book-ers wearing those tights).
(You know I think we will be seeing those tights very soon too!)

Where do you see your self in the next few years?


In the next few years, Rainbowholic may become an actual brand / shop here in Tokyo. Seems impossible but every dream is an insane one anyway. Hehe~


And what other Dreams would you like to reach for ?

I would love to become a creative entrepreneur or a boss of my own in the future.
My ultimate dream is to go home / travel every now and then without worrying for my air plane fare.

Thank you so much for giving us some of your Kawaii time Kaila-Chan,
I am really looking forward to all your new adventures!

You can all keep up with Kaila aka Rainbowholic giving her some Twitter Love and catch up on Rainbowholic Facebook.

Stay super Kawaii
Tartan
x